Step 1 — Strong Company Management Systems
- Adopt a policy for responsible mineral supply chains.
- Assemble an internal team to oversee supply chain due diligence. Obtain senior management support including the necessary authority and budget.
- Establish a supply chain transparency system that allows the identification of refiners or other point of transformation in the supply chain where the mineral is processed to reach commercial market quality
- Communicate company policy and expectations to suppliers. Describe actions the company will take to support its policies and goals in responsible sourcing. Companies may want to include these expectations in supplier contracts
- Collect and be aware of grievances from stakeholders